Jason E. Foy is committed to the professional and rigorous representation of those accused of crimes at the State and Federal levels in both New York and New Jersey. His in-depth experience includes representing clients charged with felonious crimes such as murder, murder-for-hire, racketeering, aggravated assault, sex crimes, robbery, drug possession and sales, complex narcotics conspiracies, bank fraud, and money laundering. Mr. Foy also has extensive experience in defending clients charged with DWI, simple assault, theft crimes and other misdemeanors or disorderly persons offenses.
Prior to become a founding partner of the criminal defense firm of Foy & Seplowitz, LLC in 2013, Foy founded Foy & Foy, LLC in 2001 with his wife and Harvard educated lawyer, Karla Y. Foy.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Foy prosecuted crimes while serving as an Assistant District Attorney with the Bronx District Attorney’s Office. It was while with the Bronx District Attorney’s Office that Foy laid the foundation to become a successful trial lawyer.
Mr. Foy is admitted to the practice of law in the States of New York and New Jersey, the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the United States District Courts for the District of New Jersey, and the Supreme Court of the United States. Mr. Foy has been named in the New Jersey Super Lawyers publication as a “Super Lawyer” for criminal defense in 2015, 2016 and 2017. He has also been named in the (201) Magazine Bergen’s Top Lawyers section.
Mr. Foy is a member of the Bergen County Bar Association, where he serves as a Trustee and co-Chair of the Criminal Practice Committee, the Bronx Bar Association, the New York Criminal Bar Association, the New York and New Jersey State Bar Associations, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Mr. Foy formerly served a four (4) year appointment by the New Jersey Supreme Court with the Bergen County District IIB Ethics Committee, which investigates and prosecutes ethics complaints against attorneys.
Mr. Foy earned his law degree from the University of Maryland School of Law in Baltimore, Maryland. He earned his B.A. in Political Science from Syracuse University in Syracuse, NY.
Jason E. Foy’s email: email@example.com
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Federal and State (NY/NJ)
- Narcotics Possession and Distribution
- Sex Offenses
- Firearm and Weapon Possession/Distribution
- DWI and Motor Vehicle Offenses
- Domestic Violence and Restraining Order Hearings (Plaintiffs and Defendants)
- Expungements (New Jersey)
- Violation of Supervised Release, Probation, Parole
- Criminal and Municipal Appeals
- New York State (1996)
- New Jersey State (1997)
- United States District Court Southern District of New York (2001)
- United States District Court Eastern District of New York (2001)
- United States District Court District of New Jersey (2001)
- United States Supreme Court (2016)
- University of Maryland School of Law, JD 1996
- Syracuse University, BA, Political Science 1991
- Speaker, New Developments in the Expungement Laws as of April 2016, sponsored by the New Jersey Association for Justice, Meadowlands Seminar
- Moderator of Continuing Legal Education Seminar for Immigration Consequences of Criminal Convictions, sponsored by the Criminal Practice Committee of the Bergen County Bar Association
- Moderator of Continuing Legal Education Seminar for Litigating Eyewitness Identification and Pre-Trial/Post Conviction Forensic Litigation in Pattern and Impression Evidence, sponsored by the Criminal Practice Committee of the Bergen County Bar Association (Guest Speakers from the Innocence Project)
- Panelist, Domestic Violence Continuing Legal Education entitled, “Crime After Crime”, sponsored by Women Lawyer’s in Bergen and the Bergen County Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association (Trustee, Co-Chair of Criminal Practice Committee, Diversity Committee, Bench Bar Committee)
- Bronx Bar Association
- New York Criminal Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Assigned Counsel Plan for the 1st Department (certified by the Homicide Panel and Felony Panel to be appointed to represent the indigent)
- Criminal Justice Act Attorney for the Southern District of New York (Certified to be appointed to indigent defendants accused of violated the laws of the United States of America)
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated
Past Employment Positions
- Foy & Foy, LLC, Founding Partner
- Bronx District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney
- Advisory Panel to Study Issues Relating to Use of Police Body Camera Equipment in Bergen County
- Teaneck Community Charter School, Assistant Coach of Lady Tornadoes Softball Team 2008-2014
- NJ Supreme Court District Ethics Committee IIB 2002-2006
- City of Englewood Municipal Court Security Committee, Chairman
- Teaneck Township Municipal Court Security Committee, Member